Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: You can't run from it  (Read 1623 times)
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2012, 12:53:16 PM »

I must have a special relationship with Nauthiz-  I haven't done that many readings of late, but in most of the ones I have, good ol' nauthiz has reared it's head, time and again.   I can't get away from it!
It has also struck me that in years of casting runes, though not regularly, I don't believe I have ever once cast Fehu.  Hmmm.

I imagine for most rune readers, there's a couple of runes no one really wants to see - Isa, Thurisaz, Hagalaz, and.. yep, Nauthiz. 
I finally just decided to embrace it.  I must have something to learn.
I even would draw it on my wrists, until I bought got a leather pendant with nauthiz enscribed on it. *

After all, it could be worse.  Nauthiz may be the rune of constraint, need, necessity, hardship or trouble, but in the end, there's usually a lesson learned in the experience, and you wind up better off for it.  It counsels patience, and reminds us of our "place" if we get a little too smug; it also points out the difference between what we want and what we truly only need.   It is the "Buddha" of the runes, so to speak. 
I'll take that over Thurisaz, which to me indicates a impassable barrier (thorns), or an insurmountable threat (giant).

So, I guess things aren't going to go quite "my way" yet for a while yet. I'm used to not having the wind at my back. I'm usually trying to walk into it, in fact.  Well, I'd rather know the truth than have a carrot dangled in front of my nose only to have it pulled away everytime I go to bite it.

* Pretty cool, actually. I'll post a link to the store in the right area, but I found it on etsy.com, made by a Serbian leathermaker.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: