Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another Newbie  (Read 2604 times)
NewVitki
Seeker

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »

Hi there, another newbie for the site, though not quite a newbie with Runes. I have been (on and off), trying to get to grips with Runes for a little over a year, mostly through the work of Edred Thorsson, who is really interesting, but quite heavy. I also have a number of other Rune books, (none of which advocate the blank or wyrd rune, cos that is a reason to not buy them as far as I am concerned).

I am now at a stage where I can recognise and "read" the Runes as letters at sight, and write the Eldar Futhark, and I am now starting to learn the deeper esoteric meanings. I am also in the process of making a yew wand and yew staff onto which I will carve appropriate runes etc.

With apologies to most of the members here, I am not so well informed with the witchy and tarot side of things...but as my partner is a very experienced witch with 10 years using Tarot, I kinda have an inside track so to speak.

Oh yes, and (I think uniquely??), I'm from that little island known as the UK.

willynilly
Seer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:04:15 PM »

Hello and welcome. Smiley
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »

Hi NewVitki, and welcome to the board!

I hope you find it useful, informative, entertaining, and fun, and look forward to your posts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: