Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Book: Raido by Jennifer Smith  (Read 2900 times)
ejfinch
Seer

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »

Raido is my first Rune book. It is a small, but informative book that came with my pre-made Runes. I have found it very helpful, as well as interesting, for someone just starting out, like myself. She puts forth an interesting idea about the "flow" of the runes and the relationship between the three aetts of the Germanic futhark. She seems to have done a great deal of research and I would be interested to hear the opinions of others on her work.
Elizabeth
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:31:02 PM »

Who's the author? I don't think I've heard of this one.

My first rune book was also one that came with a set of clay runes (which I still use), the author's name was Jonathan Dee;  I'm guessing that's a pseudonym though.  It was a decent introduction,  but had some strange interpretations, here and there, for some of the runes.

winter night
Runester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 01:25:37 PM »

Raido is my first Rune book. It is a small, but informative book that came with my pre-made Runes. I have found it very helpful, as well as interesting, for someone just starting out, like myself. She puts forth an interesting idea about the "flow" of the runes and the relationship between the three aetts of the Germanic futhark. She seems to have done a great deal of research and I would be interested to hear the opinions of others on her work.
Elizabeth

this one sounds good Elizabeth - thanks for posting! Smiley
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

D'oh!  Didn't even see the author in the subject.

It's this one:
http://www.tarahill.com/books.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: