Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 4411 times)
Mountain Witch
Seer

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »

My screen name should be familiar to most ... at least right now!  In addition to my love of herbs, I heart my runes! I forget how long I've been using them but it's been awhile. I started with the el-cheapo ceramic ones that although effective (once I discarded the 'blank' rune) were too big for my little hands. I tried a set of wooden ones that didn't feel right & finally made a set with blue-lace agate cabochons. I use runes for both divination & spellwork.

My memory is weakening with age (too much info crammed into too small brain?) and although I can remember the rune names & 'basic' meanings, I just can't remember the underlying meanings when using them for divination without a cheat sheet! So that's done in the privacy of my home for friends & family only. Hopefully participating here will help me in that regard.

I'm looking forward to the discussions but fair warning: it's tax season so I won't be here much until after 15th April.
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 04:03:13 PM »

Hiya MW, nice to see you here!

Don't feel bad about the cheat sheet, I often have to go and look things up still myself.
I guess sometimes certain runes come up that just fit so well, and other times.. it takes a little figuring.

willynilly
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »

Hi!
winter night
Runester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:19:29 AM »

Hi Mountain Witch!

Great to see you here too!  I use a cheat sheet too - I call it my 'keeping me straight sheet', otherwise I would totally reinvent the meanings if left to my memory.    Cheesy

ejfinch
Seer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »

Hi Mountain Witch!!

Elizabeth
Patrima
Seeker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 02:45:27 PM »

HI MW,
It's great to see you here!