Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: where to post about the Anglo Saxon runes  (Read 3739 times)
winter night
Runester

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »

I have been looking at the Anglo Sazon runes ALOT!  Just wondered where any comments about these should be posted?  I am sure there is a place somewhere - just cant find it!

many thanks!
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »

Hi Winter Night,

I guess..  for now, the regular rune discussion forum is fine.
Was there a specific rune you wanted to discuss that's not in the Elder Futhark?
I can always expand the forum, if need be.

-Grymm

winter night
Runester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 03:09:34 AM »

no specific rune at the moment, I just wouldn't want to start messing up your threads.

I just want to make sure if I post comments about the way a rune symbol 'looks' others won't get confused if they use Icelandic runes for example. 

I suppose though an easy way is I can begin by others know its from this set, but keeping it within the main runes section - is that the way to do it?

Likewise I will need to be aware of this if others are posting about the symbols of the Icelandic or Old Norse ones!

I want to learn about the others too so keeping everything together for now would be useful.
many thanks!
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »

Y'know, that's a good point, WN!

If you're discussing a rune that exists in both the Anglo Saxon Futhork as well as the E. Futhark, I don't see why you couldn't put it in the E Futhark section (at least, for now);  but if you want to discuss a rune that's unique to the Futhork, such as Æsc, Iar,  or Ear, hmm.. perhaps I should make a separate board for that.
I'll start working on it.

winter night
Runester

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »

dont want to add to your workload!  once I post if there isnt a separate place to put it I will title it 'Anglo Saxon - Huh?' ,  that may help. thanks Smiley
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »

No problem, WN.

I want this place to provide the richest framework for discussion possible.
I expect the forum to expand anyway, I know there's no way I could have anticipated all the various needed boards and categories.
It's kinda fun, actually.

I've created a new category, however, creating the separate boards will take time.
I'll probably dedicate a separate board for each of the 9 additional runes.
(Os/Æsc, Ac, Yr, Iar, Ear, Kalc, Gar, Cwearð, Stan)
It should be interesting considering there are no poems for the last four, but at least there are subscribed meanings, I'm guessing from other surviving Anglo Saxon literature.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: