Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Jotunbok  (Read 4825 times)
willynilly
Seer

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »

The Jotunbok: Working With The Giants Of The Northern Tradition by Raven Kaldera
I just downloaded this book and I am about half way through. It doesn't address runes specifically but it about Northern Shamanism bypractitionerss and it's been interesting. Has anyone else read any of his books? It's mostly about the different giants and the Nine Worlds.
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 09:01:28 AM »

I've never heard of it, Willy.. interesting.  Working with the Jotun?  That's different!

willynilly
Seer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »

I have read two other books in the four book series. He main writer works with Hela. You forget that Odin, Thor and Freyr all have giantesses as wives at some point.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:06:45 PM by willynilly » Logged
Grymdycche
Administrator
Vitki

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »

Well, no, I didn't forget that the gods sometimes took them as wives, but, I'd never heard of us mortals working with them before, using galdor or wiccecræft or whatever.
Interesting. Does it require thurisaz a lot?   Wink

willynilly
Seer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 06:51:50 AM »

He and the other people in the book talk about spirit walking and working with them that way. They only touch lightly on runes. No one rune is used more than others and they are used more to find  your way and hide items then to call anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: